March 27, 2015

The One Day Project // Quarterly Update 1

With three month already gone in 2015 (say what?! I know, if we blink again it’s Christmas soon) I thought it was time for an update on my progress with TODP (yep, I gave my little anti-procrastination-project a catchy acronym!). If you think now, what the heck is she on about, let me summarize for you: At the end of 2014, facing THE longest list of unresolved resolutions, I decided instead of setting new goals and dreams I make fighting my procrastination habit my goal. So I vowed to find a way to finally cross off all these un-ticked goals by spending at least one day in 2015 on each of them. No fixed time tables, no required outcome; just doing it for at least 24 hours (or 24 projects) this year. Sounds easy? Well, there are 24 projects of knitting, sewing and crafting to be completed as well as 24 hours of running, swimming, biking, nurturing my herb garden, writing, learning how to juggle, practicing English and doing Yoga. I track my success on a modified goal tracker by colouring in the day I managed to complete one hour on a task.

As you can see from the picture above the goal tracker isn’t covered in colours yet, in fact broken down into a tally my project status reads like this at the moment:
...learn how to knit. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...learn how to sew. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...practice more yoga. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...learn how to juggle. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...go more swimming. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...go more running. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...ride my bike more. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...do more craft. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...practice my writing. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...improve my English vocabulary. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...read more books. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...listen to more music. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
...have a herb-garden. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Pretty grey up there, I know. However, this project is far from being un-succesful.

Three months in and I am still motivated.
Three months in and I am still thinking about how to add that next hour of running or when to finish that next knitting project.
Three months in and I am still going for it!

Currently I am simultaneously knitting a scarf, a blanket and two cushion covers. I also started to create a ritual for a weekly run and some daily Yoga and my stack of books is growing weekly. The Englishman and I are discussing details about a coldframe for my herb garden and my second craft project is also in the making.

There might not be much to show for after the first Quarter, but things are happening and there are still three quarters to go and most importantly: I am still in love with TODP.

So far, so good.
Nx




No comments:

Post a Comment