May 13, 2015

Cleaning Baskets - Storage for my Cleaning Supplies

Decisions are giving me brain freeze this week. With Happy Spring Clean well underway my May-resolutions had me answer to questions like toss, repair or throw away (?) on repeat. Not to mention the quest to find a space for everything. In a house with no entry hall the search for an appropriate place to put all our shoes drives me insane at the moment. The only thing that doesn’t require any more decisions are my cleaning supplies. Since the introduction of cleaning baskets they put a smile on my face every time I open the cluttered cupboards. They are my calm in the storm and make cleaning all of a sudden a happy retreat (would be even better if they could do it for me, but you can’t have everything). Anyway I thought I share the content of my baskets today. Based on my cleaning schedule which I finalized last month I decided on four main baskets: bathroom, kitchen, furniture cleaning and special cleaning like shoes etc.

In my bathroom basket I keep two microfiber cloths, pink for the toilet and grey for all other surfaces, a spray bottle with vinegar-water-mix, gloves, small bin bags and a smelly candle (not pictured) for while I clean with the vinegar (smells gross).

In my kitchen basket I keep a spare bottle of dishwashing liquid, spare sponges, two microfiber cloths (one for cutting boards, one for all other surfaces), wire wool, a vinegar-water-mix to clean the surfaces, a jar with baking soda to make sink and oven cleaning paste and spare kitchen towels.

In my furniture cleaning basket I store four fine microfiber cloths for dusting (one for upstairs, one for downstairs) and window cleaning (thicker one for washing, finer one for drying), some special leather cleaning wipes that came with our sofa, vinegar-water-mixture for window cleaning, smelly candles (again for when I clean with vinegar).

In my special cleaning baskets I currently hold some leather spray for shoes, shoe wax, cleaning cloth for shoes, Swiffer-cloth for mopping the floor, spare vacuum cleaner filter.

Having a space for everything is truly bliss for me. How do you make cleaning fun?
Nx

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of organizing my cleaning supplies in different baskets. It makes it easy to find a specific cleaning product. I like to use caddies because they have the compartments and carrying handles. I usually make my own eco-friendly cleaning products with ingredients such as vinegar and baking soda. I have found that making an all-purpose cleaner for the kitchen and bathroom makes it easier to finish my cleaning.

    Frank George @ Dutch Hollow Supplies

    ReplyDelete